Yael Halaas, MD, FACS, is recognized as one of New York City's top facial plastic surgeons. Fully bilingual in English and Spanish, Dr. Halaas has a special interest in the treatment of the aging face in both women and men, primary and reparative rhinoplasty, and the medical and surgical treatment of hair loss. Dr. Halaas contributes her particular interest in the evaluation and treatment of hair loss in women and men, and the incisionless follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedure, which essentially avoids donor site scarring. A favorite of the media where she is frequently quoted for her various areas of expertise, she regularly performs all areas of facial plastic surgery in her nationally accredited facility, and brings a particular level of compassion and caring to the office.
A leading female facial plastic surgeon in a male dominated industry, Dr. Halaas received her undergraduate degree from Columbia College in New York and graduated in the top ten percent of her medical school class at Cornell University Medical College, with prestigious distinction of membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society. She also earned the American Medical Women's Association award as part of her membership in the top five percent of her graduating class.
Dr. Halaas spent her general surgery internship and otolaryngology residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York where she is currently an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology, then was awarded a fellowship through the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. She is a member of numerous medical societies including the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery, and the New York County Medical Society. She is also Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and is board eligible for the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery. Finally, she has received the highest recognition offered to surgeons practicing in the United States- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
Dr. Halaas is recognized by the American Medical Women's Association for her high quality patient outcomes. She is the New York City Director of The R.O.S.E. Fund, a national non-profit organization dedicated to recognizing, assisting and empowering women who have broken the cycle of domestic violence. She is also an active member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the world's largest specialty association that represents over 2,800 of the world's most influential facial plastic and reconstructive surgeons.
Getting to Know Dr. Halaas
- Received her undergraduate degree at Columbia College in New York majoring in Art History
- Graduated top 10% of her medical school class at Cornell University Medical College
- Double board certified: American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery; American Board of Otolaryngology
- Completed a one year Fellowship through the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Completed her residency in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York
- Assistant Clinical Professor Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society
- American Medical Women's Association award
- Member of: American Academy of Otolaryngology, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery